HFGF is a the legislative voice for the bleeding disorders community. We travel annually to Tallahassee and Washington D.C. to represent our families and talk to our legislators about issues that affect the bleeding disorders community.
The Bleeding Disorders Coalition of Florida (BDCF) is a collaboration between HFGF and the Florida Hemophilia Foundation. The BDCF will be visiting Tallahassee for Legislative Days on April 17th and 18th. Please email email@example.com for more information.
BDCF encourages our families to get to know your local legislators and stay in touch with them throughout the year. As constiuents, your legislators work for you and should listen to your concerns.
Click here for a list of Florida Senators and their contact information.
Click here for a list of Florida Representatives and their contact information.
HB 559, the fail first bill by Representative Massullo has been added to the agenda for the Health Market Reform Subcommittee on Tuesday, March 19 at 3:30 pm.
In advance of the committee meeting on Tuesday, please be sure to email and call members of the committee to share your support for the legislation. Legislator contact information is listed below.
Draft Talking Points on Patient Access
- Thank you so much for working to ensure Florida’s patients remain happy and healthy.
- I wanted to express our strong support to expand and strengthen the patient protections currently in Florida statute.
- On behalf of Florida’s most vulnerable citizens, we are seeking your leadership and legislative action to ensure patients have access to the right medication at the most appropriate time without jumping through hurdles from an insurance company.
- Our physicians have the expertise to know what is best for patients and must have access to a full range of therapeutic options to use as they see fit. They should not have to jump through burdensome bureaucratic hoops to secure the most appropriate therapy. Ultimately, healthcare professionals, not bureaucrats, should make the determination of the best course of treatment and medications for a patient.
- We need to ensure Florida’s patients are receiving the right medicine at the right time.
- Respectfully, we ask that the legislator and fellow members, support House Bill 559 this legislative session by co-sponsoring the legislation and supporting it in committee.
|Last Name||First Name||Local Phone||Email Address||Staff|
|Pigman||Cary||(850) 717-5055||Cary.Pigman@myfloridahouse.gov||Brandon.Miller@myfloridahouse.gov; Justin.Morgan@myfloridahouse.gov; Maura.Palmer@myfloridahouse.gov|
|Fitzenhagen||Heather||(850) 717-5078||Heather.Fitzenhagen@myfloridahouse.gov||Derick.Tabertshofer@myfloridahouse.gov; Melissa.Thompson@myfloridahouse.gov|
|Good||Margaret||(850) 717-5072||Margaret.Good@myfloridahouse.gov||Elizabeth.Wilson@myfloridahouse.gov; Kay.Mathers@myfloridahouse.gov|
|Casello||Joseph||(850) 717-5090||Joseph.Casello@myfloridahouse.gov||Clint.Streicher@myfloridahouse.gov; Johnny.McMahon@myfloridahouse.gov|
|Duran||Nicholas X.||(850) 717-5112||Nicholas.Duran@myfloridahouse.gov||Roberto.Alvarez@myfloridahouse.gov; Yolanda.Abrams@myfloridahouse.gov|
|Fernandez||Javier E.||(850) 717-5114||Javier.Fernandez@myfloridahouse.gov||Maria.Lombard@myfloridahouse.gov; Ria.Khan@myfloridahouse.gov|
|Grant (M)||Michael||(850) 717-5075||Michael.Grant@myfloridahouse.gov||Cynthia.Beckett@myfloridahouse.gov; Jim.Browne@myfloridahouse.gov|
|Ingoglia||Blaise||(850) 717-5035||Blaise.Ingoglia@myfloridahouse.gov||Ashley.Hofecker@myfloridahouse.gov; Heidi.Coykendall@myfloridahouse.gov|
|Leek||Thomas J. ''Tom''||(850) 717-5025||Tom.Leek@myfloridahouse.gov||Lynnette.Phillips@myfloridahouse.gov; Stephanie.Benedict@myfloridahouse.gov|
|McClure||Lawrence||(850) 717-5058||Lawrence.McClure@firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com|
|Omphroy||Anika Tene||(850) 717-5095||Anika.Omphroy@myfloridahouse.gov|
|Rommel||Bob||(850) 717-5106||Bob.Rommel@myfloridahouse.gov||Kim.Timm@myfloridahouse.gov; Priscilla.Grannis@myfloridahouse.gov|
|Toledo||Jackie||(850) 717-5060||Jackie.Toledo@myfloridahouse.gov||Brianna.Harvey@myfloridahouse.gov; Clayton.Clemens@myfloridahouse.gov|
|Tomkow||Josie||(850) 717-5039||Josie.Tomkow@myfloridahouse.gov||Barbara.Blasingame@myfloridahouse.gov; Robyn.Bryant@myfloridahouse.gov|